|Designation: Assistant Professor in Geology Employer ;Department of Collegiate Education, Ministry of Education,|
Government t of Kerala
Organization: Post Graduate Department in Geology, Government College
Kottayam, Under the Ministry of Education,
Government of Kerala, Kerala, Pin 686 013.
Nature of work: Teaching petrology, mineralogy, geochemistry, engineering geology,
to graduate and post graduate students in geology, guiding projects,
seminars and field trip.
Duration: 19.12. 2007 to Present
Designation: Lecturer in Geology -6 yearsOrganization: Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, Kothamangalam, Ernakulam District, Kerala, Pin 686 666.
Nature of work:Teaching Engineering Geology to B.Tech. students, guiding
projects, seminars, field trips and consultancy works.
Duration: 20.12. 2001 – 18.12. 2007
Designation: Geological Assistant-4 yearsOrganization: State Groundwater Department, Under the Ministry of Irrigation,Government of Kerala.
Nature of work:Carrying out geological and geophysical investigation for
locating groundwater potential zones, Drilling supervision, preparation
of lithologs, formulation of projects for groundwater recharge
structures and hydrogeological mapping.
Duration: 28.10.1997 – 19.12. 2001.
Ph. D. in Geology, 1998
Department of Geology,
University of Mysore, Mysore, India.
M. Phil. in Geology (First Class), 1993
Department of Geology,
University of Madras, India.
|M.Sc. in Geology (First Class, Second Rank), 1989|
Govt. College Kasaragod
University of Calicut, India.B.Sc. in Geology (First Class, First Rank), 1987
Christ College, Irinjalakuda
University of Calicut, India.
- Visited IAEA Vienna for participating in the Interim evaluation of Coordinated Research Project (CRP) on Vembanad Wetland, 2008.
- Prof. S.M. Ramananda Setty Award- for the best research paper of the Mineralogical Society of India, 2007.
- UGC – JRF and SRF for Doctoral studies, (1994-97).
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 1994.
- National Merit Scholarship for Carrying out M.Sc. degree, 1987-89.
- Second Rank in M.Sc. Degree Examination, 1989.
- First Rank in B.Sc. Degree Examination, 1987.
- Petrography and chemistry of granite intrusive near Kottayam – Funded by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Thiruvananthapuram)-2013
- Isotope techniques for the assessment of hydrological processes and water quality issues of Vembanad wetland system, South India – (Co-PI) Collaborative project with Bhabaha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai and funded by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Vienna (2007-2010).
- Investigation of the landslides along the ghat section NH-49 in Kerala. (Funded by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Thiruvananthapuram) -2006.
Site selection and design of a sub-surface dam in Kothamangalam taluk, Ernakulam, district, Kerala, India. (Funded by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Thiruvananthapuram) – 2004
- Ph.D. Thesis: Chemistry and metamorphic history of granulite facies lithologies and associated rock types of Kambam valley, Tamil Nadu, India.
- M. Phil Thesis: Gneiss-charnockite transition in Kasaragod district Kerala, India.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Granulite facies rocks, Granites, Isotope hydrology, Disaster Management
1. Jacob, Noble, Tirumalesh, K., Francis, Anto, and Kulkarni, U.P. 2009. Isotope hydrochemical techniques for assessing the hydrodynamics of a tropical wetland. Abstract GSA Annual Meeting, Portland, Oregon, USA (18-21 October 2009).
1. K. Anto Francis, 2007. Vestiges of ultra-high pressure granulite metamorphism from
Kambam valley, Tamil Nadu; Evidence for deep crustal burial and tectonic unroofing
from Madrai block, southern India. Indian Mineralogist v.41, pp.30-58. (Selected for the
best paper award – Prof. S.M. Ramananda Setty Award- of the Mineralogical
Society of India-2007).
- K. Anto Francis and A.Ashraf Khan, 1999. Delineation of lineaments using satellite imageries- a case study from Kambam valley, Tamil Nadu. Presented the paper as State Groundwater Department delegate at the workshop cum exhibition on ‘Remote sensing application for water resource management’, Institution of Engineers (India), Kerala State center, Trivandrum 11-12 March, 1999.
- K. Anto Francis, 1998. Fluid inclusions from granulite grade lithologies of Kambam valley, Tamil Nadu and their constraints on the metamorphic history of southern granulite terrain, South India. Indian Mineralogist v.32, pp.27-42.
- K. Anto Francis and A.S. Janardhan, 1998. History of Kambam valley granulites and its implication for the evolution of southern granulite terrain. Abst, National Seminar on ‘Conceptual models on the evolution of granite-greenstone belts, granulite terrains and associated mineral deposits’, Mysore, February 4-6, 1998. Published in Indian Mineralogist v.32, p.55; 1998.
- K. Anto Francis, A.S. Janardhan and B.Basavalingu, 1997. Metamorphic evolution of calc-silicated lithologies from Kambam valley, Tamil Nadu and its implication for the evolution of southern granulites terrain. Jour. Geol .Soc. India v.53, pp.27-37.
- A.S. Janardhan and K. Anto Francis, 1997. Granulites of southern India, their constraints for the evolution of lower crust. Extended Abst, IV national conference on High pressure science an Technology; Indhira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakam, Madras; Sept11-13, 1997.
- K. Anto Francis, A.S. Janardhan and P.Sivasubramanian, 1997. A new sapphirine occurrence from Kambam valley, Tamil Nadu and its possible relation to the Pan-African tectonothermal event (with A.S. Janardhan and P.Sivasubramanian). Current Science. v.73 (9), pp.792-796.
- A.S. Janardhan and K. Anto Francis, 1997. Evolution of granulite blocks of southern India and their relation to the eastern Gondwana continent. Gondwana News Letter No.7, pp.6-9.
- K. Anto Francis and A.S. Janardhan, 1997. Metamorphic evolution of southern granulite terrain with special reference to Kambam valley granulites and their link to the Pan-African tectonothermal events. Abst, International Symposium on Geology and mineral resources of Madagascar; p.1; Aug21-22,1997.
- A.S. Janardhan and K. Anto Francis and P.Sivasubramanian, 1997. Granulite blocks of southern India: implication for South India-Madagascar reconstruction. Abst, International Symposium on Geology and mineral resources of Madagascar; p.33; Aug21-22,1997.
- A.S. Janardhan and K. Anto Francis, 1996. Transition zone charnockite – harbingers of granulite facies metamorphism? Example from South India. Gondwana Research Group Mem.3,; pp.45-55; 1996.
- A.S. Janardhan and K. Anto Francis and P.Sivasubramanian, 1996. Evolution of the Proterozoic southern granulite terrain; its position in Eastern Gondwana. Abst International workshop on Proterozoic crust of southern India, Trivandrum, pp.38-39; Aug, 1996.
- K. Anto Francis, A.S. Janardhan and P.Sivasubramanian, 1996. Reaction textures and fluid inclusions in calc-silicate lithologies of Kambam valley, Tamil Nadu. Abst, International Symposium on charnockites and granulite facies rocks, Madras, p.86; Aug.1996.
- K. Anto Francis, K.C. Rajasekaran and V.Ram Mohan, 1994. Gneiss-charnockite transition in Kasaragod district, Northern Kerala. Abst, National Symposium on Applied Geochemistry, Madras, 1994.